First Time Home Buyers
Purchasing your first home is an exciting experience. To help make your experience enjoyable, Aspen View Homes has identified some suggestions to help you on your way to being a new homeowner.
1. Get Prequalified
As first steps go, this is probably the most important step you can take. Prequalifying can help you understand your financial standing and will provide you critical data that will determine your home buying ability. With this step, you will understand how much home you can afford that will allow you to target homes that are within your budget.
2. Find a Quality Colorado Springs Home Builder
Selecting a good builder goes beyond walking through a model home and liking what you see. It takes asking questions and feeling good about the people you will be working with to build your home.
Here are a few important things to find out about your builder:
– Inquire about the builder’s experience and reputation. How long have they been in the business? Check with your local builder’s association and inquire about the builder’s building practices.
– Meet with the Sales Specialist and Building Supervisor and inquire about the work processes that will be taken to build your home.
– Talk to current home owners to gain their perspective on the builder’s quality and customer service.
– Find out the coverage information and length of the warranty program the builder offers. Ask what type of coverage is provided and the details of their warranty service process.
These suggestions will help you feel comfortable about the builder you select to build your new home.
3. Select a Community
Once you have found the builder that meets your expectations. Locate the areas in which they are currently building. Find out what is available for purchase and determine whether the neighborhood meets the needs of your current living situation.
4. Construction Calendar
Building a home is a system of processes, which can take several months to complete. This is why it is important for you to get to know your construction calendar and determine whether it meets your expectations. Your Sales Specialist should be prepared to inform you of the time it will take to build your new home. Many times, a builder will have homes ready to purchase and move-in within 30 days. However, if your home is beginning from scratch, expect the process to take more time to complete. You should be comfortable with the builder’s timeline and explanation of the construction calendar. Several factors determine the timeline of the construction calendar. Including suppliers, weather, inspections, color selection, etc… All in all, your Sales Specialist is your best guide from start to finish.